Tortoise not eating since going to

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Castleton, VT
no it's not a coil temps are good I raised them a little because he's been kinda strange. I think I'm just over reacting because he's always been so healthy but I think it's really his eye he scratches at it and stuff anyone have an idea of how long it takes for an eye injury to heal?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Is he still not eating ?
I would be tempted to mix a half jar of carrot baby food into his soak water and get some nutrition into him that way.
Poor mite, I hope his eye heals up soon.

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
i couldnt have gotten through it without the support ive received from this forum!

its a great feeling bringing your tortoise to the vet and him being amazed at how great a health he was in (aside from the eye)

my vet doesnt see many tortoises (not a popular pet here in vermont) and when he does they usually arnt being cared for appropriately so hes always happy to talk with us and take lots of pictures

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Today i woke up and.....

RANDALL ATE!!!

his eye is 90% healed as well i think alot of him not eating was his inability to see his food as well as being frustrated with his eye which seemed to be itchy as it healed.
Hooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Such good news.
I'm extremely happy for you both. :):):)

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
unfortunately we have had a bit of a sat back, randall is not eating again and it seems his other eye is having issues (he's not opening either of them much) he is much less active then usual.. we just can't catch a break.. i have been soaking him twice daily with baby food

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
As long as he's eating something and having the baby food soaks, hopefully he'll slowly recover.
Best of luck to you both.

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Castleton, VT
update:

i recently left my long time partner and he is currently living in our home for the rest of this month. he is taking the best care of the boys and my kitties that he can but of course this is causing me alot of stress due to randall being sick.

randalls eyes are both clear however he will only eat baby food...

gordon is continuously flipping over

i cannot wait to be back home with them and i think me not being there is really hard on randall. he is very responsive to my voice and seems to look forward to the time we spend together outside.

my heart is a little broken and i have missed you all!

thank you for the continious support

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Any food in is good and the continued drinking is fantastic.
That little bit of food will keep his little body fueled while he heals himself.
I had a tortoise that was VERY ill for a long time. She even seemed to die for 24 hours....Support from the forum helped me to soldier on and through medications and a surgery, she regained her health. Today she is 100% healthy.
If you'd like inspiration, search for "Big Bertha doing great" threads.;)