Tortoise-related books in the pipeline....

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
I recently finished my next novel, a detective story with tortoises playing a major role in the book... I'm currently shopping it around to agents and publishers.

main-qimg-0ac6b2b7b2ecd1f55b76d84429486d89.jpeg

While that's going on I've started work on another project, a speculative fiction children's book about the Soviet Zond-5 rocket, which took the first animals around the moon nearly 53 years ago.

The story will be told from the perspective of one of the Russian Tortoises on that historic flight, who was aided in his escape from the lab in which they were imprisoned by a animal-loving custodian, eventually ending up living with a retired teacher in New Hampshire.

I'm excited about both projects, and grateful for all of the wonderful people and information I've found here on TFO.

Jamie

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I wrote a rough draft of the children's story today, and will circle back next week to try and de-crappify it a bit.

I have a ton of photos and have been noodling around with a "photo to painting" app that yields really good-looking images.

J

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I can't wait! I have a request for the one, however I would like to put in a request for the children's book too, please

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Soooo true

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I WILL be contacting you!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
tortcoll.jpg

I've been enjoying my research into tortoise-centered picture books, and have gone through a number of drafts for my own book, "Chili, The Grumpy Tortoise"... this morning I also finished a first round of artwork for the book and am excited to work on layout and to see a rough copy in print soon.

Jamie

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I might have to get 2 copies of the book. One for lyns school. So excited for you

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
The reviews are excellent. Gonna get one myself...and I too want an autographed copy and I'll put it with my signed copy of Pappy Boyingtons books, my signed copy of Cybil Shepherds book and Christopher Darden's, and Tatum O'Neals book. And Margaret Mitchell's signed copy of Gone With the Wind...

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I got a proof copy of my upcoming children's book....

PXL_20210723_220624524.jpg

I love how it looks

PXL_20210723_220708254.jpg

I think the artwork looks nice.

PXL_20210723_220650938.jpg

I'll be making some minor changes for the final version of the book, including some layout alterations, artwork reformatting

PXL_20210723_220631179.jpg

....and it'll be hardcover.

It's pretty exciting!

Jamie

Chubbs the tegu

Ma

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Looks wonderful. I've got to have one for around here for my grandmen and grandwomen to read to their children. (My great grands) So they don't take on a pet just because they're used to me.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Looks wonderful. I've got to have one for around here for my grandmen and grandwomen to read to their children. (My great grands) So they don't take on a pet just because they're used to me.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'll bet I would love to read Zond*5. I used to read books all the time but lately I haven't been interested. Except here or checking out stuff online. But I really prefer a book in my hands ?