Tortoise Room/Enclosure Brain Storming Session

theguy67

10 Year Member!
So I am in the process of liberating my former reptile room from being a storage building. I'm not sure how beneficial it would be for tortoises, so I thought about running it by some of you first.

The building is 14x7ft insulated. It is connected to a 14x14 windowed room with dirt floor which the redfoots have access to all year. Their pen wraps around this building, making an L shape.

The room as 3 main shelves built in. Bottom is 12 feet long, and the top 2 are around 8 feet, with all being 18 inches deep. I'm not sure how these dimensions would work for a tortoise table. I'm just trying to determine their potential. I would also like an area to grow plants in the winter.

The floor can also be utilized to keep adults in the winter.

Tell me what you would do!

IMG_2443.JPG

Prognathodon

Location (City and/or State)
NE Illinois
If you want to grow shorter plants, you could do it on some of the shelves - just add LED lights on the under sides of the next shelves up.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If your going to bred or already are, then I would make the middle shelf into a couple enclosures for little ones. Plants on the top shelf and clear out the stuff on the floor, make a couple spots under the bottom most shelf into warm humid hides and the rest of the floor tortoise space.