Tortoise Sex Guess

Nishikigoi's Torts.

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
About three weeks until my little Tortuga is 2 years old. He's breaking the scale and 10.5". Just wondering if anyone would be willing to take a guess at what her sex is?
515d2ba50e0af5bf37c6fd8aa15dc891.jpg

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I'm going to believe the concave plastron. I know sometimes females do have concave plastrons when they have MBD or severe pyramiding but I don't see that in this tortoise. We'll see.....lol
Never have seen a plastron start to show male concavity ( if that's a word!) at less than 14". Gulars seems to show first. Then tail. Then obvious flaring of anal scutes. Last usually is the concave plastron!! Will be fun to see. I've been doing this with probably 100 of my own for over 25 years now. But still fun to guess early!!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Never have seen a plastron start to show male concavity ( if that's a word!) at less than 14". Gulars seems to show first. Then tail. Then obvious flaring of anal scutes. Last usually is the concave plastron!! Will be fun to see. I've been doing this with probably 100 of my own for over 25 years now. But still fun to guess early!!
It IS fun!