Tortoise Shell Issue

Charris511

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone will be able to help please!
So I recently rehomed a tiny Horsefield tortoise from the RSPCA less than 3 weeks ago now. He didn’t have a very good start in life so I have been told, but he’s bright as a button now luckily. He is believe to be around a year and a half old.
He eats like a trooper and have had no problems with him at all so far.
I woke up today and whilst giving him his food I noticed that on his rear, edge shell, there looks to be a tiny piece lifting!! It isn’t lifting from the base, just seems to be lifting from the very surface. He has been shedding a bit on his face recently, so I am wondering if this is normal too? I’m terrified of doing something wrong for him.

ECD81422-1E3D-49DF-808B-D9DFB7AE24C6.jpeg

Oregon
That is.. odd. I cannot seem to figure what is going purely off of the picture, but the main question I ask is
Is it getting worse?

Hamiltondood

Richmond, Texas
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone will be able to help please!
So I recently rehomed a tiny Horsefield tortoise from the RSPCA less than 3 weeks ago now. He didn’t have a very good start in life so I have been told, but he’s bright as a button now luckily. He is believe to be around a year and a half old.
He eats like a trooper and have had no problems with him at all so far.
I woke up today and whilst giving him his food I noticed that on his rear, edge shell, there looks to be a tiny piece lifting!! It isn’t lifting from the base, just seems to be lifting from the very surface. He has been shedding a bit on his face recently, so I am wondering if this is normal too? I’m terrified of doing something wrong for him.

View attachment 308375
how long do you soak him..?
everyday?
once a week?
try soaking every day for 30 minutes if you haven't been doing that. what bulb are you using?