Tortoise still popping after 3 rounds of 3 sets of antibiotic injections

Cobbles

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
Hi all,

I'm at a bit of a loss. My one yea old Burt starting making these popping and pooffing sounds when breathing when I held him up. I took him to the vets as anew patient and he started treatment of anti biotics 3 injections 3 days apart. We have now been through this process three times. He is still the same. He is eating and pooping fine but still making these noises. I don't know what to do next. Any advice would be greatly welcome? Thanks all :)

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Hi all,

I'm at a bit of a loss. My one yea old Burt starting making these popping and pooffing sounds when breathing when I held him up. I took him to the vets as anew patient and he started treatment of anti biotics 3 injections 3 days apart. We have now been through this process three times. He is still the same. He is eating and pooping fine but still making these noises. I don't know what to do next. Any advice would be greatly welcome? Thanks all :)
Make sure the temps are a bit higher than usual. While he is sick. I would also do warm soaks. monitor and make sure you feed muzuri and leave the tortoise alone to heal.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is he only doing it when you lift him up?
If he is truly sick then something is probably wrong with his housing/temps.
Please post pics of the enclosure, give us a run down of temps, basking, over all, night time, etc. What is the humidity? How old and big is he?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi all,

If he's eating and pooping fine I wouldn't worry or give any further antibiotics.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What species? For example, redfooted tortoises tend to make popping and clicking sounds and they're not sick. Leopards sometimes tend to 'click' when there's nothing wrong with them. I'm guessing the vet didn't look at anything under the microscope from your tortoisr, and there's really nothing going on with him that needs antibiotics.