Tortoise suddenly sleeping a lot more? Is that ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirjojo

5 Year Member
so I have my Greek ~4" for about a week now. I had him in a 3"x3" box indoor for the first couple days. This weekend I built him a little play pen outside for him to walk around. He walked around for about 20mins. When he came back in, he burrowed himself deep in and slept for a couple hours. Today after the walk he did the same thing.

So you think it's because he is tire that he is sleeping more? Before the walk he would just walk around more in the day time and sleep at night. He is eating good though.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Something about a tort once they know the awesome outdoors....they seem to resolve that while they are indoors the party is on hold....if all else is good and eating is normal....be sure to check your temps and if all good...you likely can chalk it up to junior laying in wait for his great outdoor adventures....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
As ascott said, check that temps are right. Sometimes for no reason that we know of, they can get off. If all is good, then it's probably nothing to worry about.

sirjojo

5 Year Member
cool thx guys. I think I will just give him more chances to go outside so he won't miss it too much LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.