Tortoise supplements and food hep

Noah101

Location (City and/or State)
Cedar grove nj
Hi I have 2 questions firstly what kind of supplements do I need for my adult Russian tortoise and how much of it and also can you recommend the supplements I should use

And secondly I know that grocery food isn’t the best for a tortoise but if I don’t have the option. To grow my own food so is their any other option ?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Grocery store greens are okay if you can add better things to eat. Check out tortoisesupply.com they have a Mediterranean seed mix you can grow. Also Kapidolo Farms https://www.kapidolofarms.com/ has foods you can buy and add to the grocery greens. As for grocery greens use more of the better ones like arugula, escarole, endive, you can add some kale, mustard and collard greens, romaine and spring mix. Remove most of the spinach from the spring mix.
The food/weed toppers from Kapidolo farms will make the store greens complete.
Calcium powder a pinch twice a week is all that's needed. If you get the food toppers and feed the best diet possible, you may not even need added calcium.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hello and welcome!🐢💚

I’m going to pass on this thread because there’s a really good diet link at the bottom you can look through, you can also use it to double check your equipment and levels etc😊

Noah101

Cedar grove nj
Grocery store greens are okay if you can add better things to eat. Check out tortoisesupply.com they have a Mediterranean seed mix you can grow. Also Kapidolo Farms https://www.kapidolofarms.com/ has foods you can buy and add to the grocery greens. As for grocery greens use more of the better ones like arugula, escarole, endive, you can add some kale, mustard and collard greens, romaine and spring mix. Remove most of the spinach from the spring mix.
The food/weed toppers from Kapidolo farms will make the store greens complete.
Calcium powder a pinch twice a week is all that's needed. If you get the food toppers and feed the best diet possible, you may not even need added calcium.
should i use the food topper and calcium powder for grocery store produce