tortoise table

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamest0o0

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'm thinking of building a tortoise table because it would be more convenient. Can anyone give me some info, like what to do and what not to do?

dewbert

5 Year Member
If you search for "tortoise table" on google and youtube, you'll find lots of great links. Sorry I don't have any personal experiences to share. Instead of building a table, I made my indoor enclosure for my redfoot torts out of huge rubbermaid tubs. I cut a passage between the two so they have plenty of room. As they grow I can add more tubs... it's turning into a sort of modular home system.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
James have you looked through this thread? Lots of ideas here.
Do you have any specific questions in mind? Lots of people use bookshelves turned on their back with the shelves removed and lined with a shower curtain or tarp, or they use linoleum as liners.
What tort is this table to be used for?

jamest0o0

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sorry for not being more specific, I have 2 russians and my main question is what shouldn't I do when it comes to what to use, coating, etc. I just don't want to build something to find out I made a huge mistake.

thanks

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
be sure the sides are high enough they cant climb out. russians are great climbers. cover the corners with a 'lid' as this is the most popualr area for them to climb out. make sure whatever you put in the enclosure they dont climb on and get out that way..
outside is best.. but you can do pretty good inside with the smaller guys.
read read read... and no question is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.