Tortoise theft in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
In the age of "NOT MY KID!" it's great to see a parent stand-up and make their child take responsibility for their actions!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Jacqui said:
Maybe a female?

Possible but in that condition I still say the value is exaggerated a bit.. Guess its in the eye of the owner on what the value is...

AnthonyC said:
In the age of "NOT MY KID!" it's great to see a parent stand-up and make their child take responsibility for their actions!

I agree 100% happy the mom did the right thing...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
See? That's what I mean. When people lose a tortoise they over-inflate the value of the animal. Then unscrupulous thieves think they can get lots of $$$ for an animal that's probably worth half that.

I couldn't put a price on any of my tortoises, but to be realistic, I think I DO understand their current monetary value. It does no one any good to read about all these high priced animals being stolen. It just encourages more theft.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Yvonne you are right, you can't put a value on your own tortoise or pet in general but now some kid or adult is going to be reading this and think that they can make a lot of money stealing and selling other people tortoises.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dalano73 said:
Yvonne you are right, you can't put a value on your own tortoise or pet in general but now some kid or adult is going to be reading this and think that they can make a lot of money stealing and selling other people tortoises.

Yeppers.

dalano73 said:
Jacqui said:
Maybe a female?

Possible but in that condition I still say the value is exaggerated a bit.. Guess its in the eye of the owner on what the value is...
Oh, I was agreeing that it's way over priced. The value isn't in it's looks, so the only thing I could guess was it was a female.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Jacqui said:
dalano73 said:

Yeppers.

dalano73 said:
Jacqui said:
Maybe a female?

Oh, I was agreeing that it's way over priced. The value isn't in it's looks, so the only thing I could guess was it was a female.

lol, I figured that, I was just adding extra on why I thought it was over priced...:D:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.