Tortoise toilet!!

Meashka/Paku Chan

My baby Paku Chan will only pee and poo on his food plate. I know that he (a baby yet to be determined) may be passing as he is eating but it have seen him go there for the purpose of going to the toilet. My other tortoise never did this and I am led to beleive it's rare for a tortoise to toilet in the same area. I'm worried that he will eat food that he has done his business on and become ill. Although I'm yet see him eat food after urinating etc. unfounded worries? Please advise because I work so can't be there at all times to clean after he does it.ImageUploadedByTortForum1395230356.011469.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Mine tend to pee in the food dish, and only occasionally poop but they are miniature elephants and poop ALL. THE. TIME. I'm continually amazed at how much these tiny babies can poo.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Elohi said:
Mine tend to pee in the food dish, and only occasionally poop but they are miniature elephants and poop ALL. THE. TIME. I'm continually amazed at how much these tiny babies can poo.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Can I get an AMEN for that statement? :p

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Tortoise toilet!!

Barista5261 said:
Elohi said:

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Can I get an AMEN for that statement? :p

AMEN! Its unusual how much waste is held in their little bodies.

laramill

NCentral Wisconsin
My Russian will now and then do this. I just thought that was a particularly good meal, and he was leaving me a tip.