1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Tortoise Town in NJ

Discussion in 'Tortoise Vendor Reviews' started by tortuga33, May 31, 2017.

1. tortuga33

tortuga33 New Member 5 Year Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Northern California
    I just purchased a hatchling leopard tortoise that was sold as "ivory." Forum members confirmed my suspicion that this baby is really just an average babcocki leopard and the price tag of $279 was not justified. I messaged Tortoise Town and am eagerly awaiting their response. If they make good by giving me a price adjustment as I requested, then I will report back. Here is a photo of the tortoise I received.

Attached Files:

2. Romeo Serback

Romeo Serback Active Member

New Jersey
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    On their website it shows that they're located in Galloway, NJ, which is a 10 minute drive from me. I drove there and there is no such business. Also, it's illegal to sell tortoises here in this state. They're probably just using a backroom considering that in that location, there's somebody a USPS office.
  3. ALDABRAMAN

ALDABRAMAN KEEPER AT HEART 5 Year Member

SW Forida
  4. Will

Will Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

South of Southern California, but not Mexico
    If I'm not mistaken Tortoise Town aka StarTortoiseWorld is owned by Brian Petruzzi. My direct experience is that he will low ball an offer from posted for sale ads, so he can re-sell. That in and of itself is not a wrong thing, but he does not carry the tortoises history forward (some have told me in confidence he will mishandle information regarding the tortoises history) i.e. Stigmochelys p.p. intragrades with S.p.b. and sell them as S.p.p.

It's hard to know where the sloppiness with facts ends and the overt telling of falsehoods begin.

BTW it is okay to sell tortoises out of New Jersey, less we would not have the opportunity to buy from Chris Leone and Hermanni-Heaven or Garden State Tortoise.
    ALDABRAMAN likes this.