Tortoise Toys

thatkiidsean

5 Year Member
Hey guys!

I know I've been posting a lot on here lately, but I was wondering: would a tortoise, specifically a RFT, have any objects it would like to play with, such as a cuttle bone or anything to keep him from getting bored? Thank you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
(I must admit that your avatar is slightly disturbing! :D )

Some tortoises make use of "things" in their habitat and some just ignore them. No harm, no foul. Give it a try. Colorful balls to push around, maybe a little turtle statue. Use your imagination.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I like to make dirt mounds for them to climb over and mow down. I will put big flat rocks for climbing onto and larger rocks for digging under. Hope that was helpful.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Try edible plants. They always keep my RT busy when he's bored. Cuttle bones are great and are healthy too, so that would be nice. Just make any balls or toys you put are safe to ingest, or are big enough that he can;t eat them:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No Fair! :You've changed your avatar picture.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I have try making a tunnel , house , landslide and log trees (for climbing purpose) but it failed.. My tort seems didn't care about those but they are sure like to climb on their cave (looks like a hut but it only has one way in) maybe that could help your imagination? please update if anything is working :D i would like to try it too

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I have a plastic giraffe that I move around to different parts of the enclosure and the torts like to go knock it down all the time no matter what I do to try to prevent them from knocking it down lol.