TORTOISE WITH A COLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

artichoke321

5 Year Member
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me please. I have a really old tortoise - not sure what breed she is - I live in England and she's the type that everyone had when I was young and before importing them was banned. Anyway, she seems to have had a cold for the last couple of weeks - she has been making some very loud noises which sound similar to someone with a cold or chest infection. Any idea what I can do to help her? She's around 80 yrs old - I've had her for nearly half a century and she's never been ill before so I'm very concerned and any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sue:(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Call the reptile vet and get her an appointment asap. In the meant time, keep her warm, in temps around 85 until you get her in. Make sure to keep her hydrated too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
While you're waiting for the vet appointment, bring the tortoise into the house and put her in a large plastic bin. Position a light over one end of the bin so you can warm it up inside to about 85F degrees. She'll probably need antibiotics, but warming them up usually helps quite a bit.

Oh...er...yeah, what Wellington said!!

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome how is your tortoise doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.