Tortoise won’t eat

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Since you have only had him a week, I think you should consider keeping him up this winter but only if you can provide him warmth over the winter. It's hard to tell what is normal when you haven't had him long.

Yes, that looks normal to me. After he gets a little older, you won't see it as much.

Tyler Fulco

California
Since you have only had him a week, I think you should consider keeping him up this winter but only if you can provide him warmth over the winter. It's hard to tell what is normal when you haven't had him long.

Yes, that looks normal to me. After he gets a little older, you won't see it as much.
Thank you. Any idea what he was doing here? Right after that he defecated.

Hayes Johnson

Seattle
I would get a heat light for him. My Russian only eats when he is warm. I also think he is still getting used to his new environment. When I first got mine, he didn't eat for a week and a half.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Awesome! I would love to see a picture of it!

Here’s a picture of a friends sulcata … wouldn’t it be nice to have to lug him around? IMG_1070.jpg I normally share that photo with new sulcata owners who bought a hatchling from a pet store, who are unprepared for what they’re in for. LOL