Tortoiseforum Is Overloaded With Ads!

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
The tortoiseforum site seems to be suffocating me with ads nonstop! I think something needs to be done about all of it. I'm being bombarded nonstop by them now.
Not very cool.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Guess they are necessary. If that's the case, play on. Yeah, they are annoying.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You can join the TORTOISE CLUB as a basic supporter and then you'll see no more ads again (Ever) Plus you'll be helping to keep this great site going strong
Basic TC membership is very inexpensive.
@Josh

Last edited:

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
The tortoiseforum site seems to be suffocating me with ads nonstop! I think something needs to be done about all of it. I'm being bombarded nonstop by them now.
Not very cool.
I decided that I'd rather spend $8/year and never see another ad here on TFO... totally worth it, both to support the website and to avoid the ads.

Unless it's not, then you gotta deal with the ads... your call.

Jamie

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
But i must admit…..just recently the ads have really increased & bog everything down. On my ipad i can no longer scroll up & down without much pain. Can’t scroll back to view an original post. There are many ways to contribute to the success of a Forum other than monetary.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I decided that I'd rather spend $8/year and never see another ad here on TFO... totally worth it, both to support the website and to avoid the ads.

Unless it's not, then you gotta deal with the ads... your call.

Jamie
$8 a year??? That's outrageous. I could almost buy a whole gallon of gas for that much money!!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
But i must admit…..just recently the ads have really increased & bog everything down. On my ipad i can no longer scroll up & down without much pain. Can’t scroll back to view an original post. There are many ways to contribute to the success of a Forum other than monetary.
True. But they don't remove the ads

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma
I don't get any ads?
I haven't subbed in a couple of years, so I would see them if I turned off my ad blocker on my PC. One ad was huge, white and flashing and migraine-inducing, so I can understand that being frustrating.

On my phone, I think the mobile version is severely limited in how many ads it shows. When I checked it out, there's just one tiny banner at the bottom.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
You can join the TORTOISE CLUB as a basic supporter and then you'll see no more ads again (Ever) Plus you'll be helping to keep this great site going strong
Basic TC membership is very inexpensive.
@Josh
I read this and thought what ads! Then read your post and there lies the answer as I am a member. Totally agree with others ...if you enjoy the forum join and have reduced adds plus its all for a good cause to help our little /huge shelled warriors have a better life.