Tortoises in captivity - The whole 9 yards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I get distracted easily. That said, IMO, all the talk of animal rights may have been cleared up or muddied up very much if CoCo the signing primate had thanked the keepers for the free food and care, or, on the flip side had suggested freedom from the cage. And would a human had been best for representing CoCo's rights?
Would my dog then, have had the right to sue me for making her not eat the perfectly good dead rodent she found?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
StudentoftheReptile said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
Actually, I was in just such a scenario, last time I was in Florida...saw a gopher tortoise trying to cross, so I pulled over and got it out of the street and carried it about 100 yards into the green. When I returned, there was a Florida Highway Patrolman at my truck, and he said that he was going the other direction, but saw me stop and rescue the tortoise, and wanted to thank me.

Some Florida cops understand the spirit for the law needn't be the letter of the law. :)

Ironically, friends of mine have been the same situation and were threatened with a ticket/fine by officers. That's actually why I used that scenario.

Same way everywhere...some cops are good folks, some are jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.