Tortoises need a new home

Agent99

I have loved having tortoises, but for various reasons, I need to find new homes for my four tortoises. Two are Russians - M and F. They do lay eggs and sometimes they hatch, though I've not been able to keep the babies alive. You can have all the lamps and terrariums for the torts and the babies.
I think one is a male mojave desert tortoise born in 1991. Though someone told me he wasn't Mojave. I also have a very large female Sulcata (huge), but I answered a thread by someone in Ojai who might like to adopt her. I am in Orange County, CA near Disneyland.

Agent99

I have four tortoises and for various reasons I need to find homes for them. One is a very large Sulcata female. Another is a male Mojave desert tortoise born in 1991. I also have two Russians, one male and the other female. They mate frequently, lay lots of eggs, and sometimes those eggs hatch though I've never been able to keep the babies alive. It would be a great project for a biology student or a retired person looking for a husbandry challenge! I'm in Southern California near Disneyland.

happyherper

Location (City and/or State)
Diamond Bar, CA
Hello,

I may interested is some of your Tortoises, especially if they are in good health. Definitely not the Sulcata though. I have not been a member here for a long time, but I can assure you I am not interested in reselling the torts and I have several decades plus in husbandry experience. I live just over the county line from you in LACo.

Agent99

Someone in Ojai is interested in Sunflower, the Sulcata. And another guy in OC is interested in my two Russians. That leaves Herbie. He was born in 1991 and he is a Mojave Desert tort ... I think! That's what the folks who gave him to me say. I'm no expert, but he seems super healthy. He has a great personality. Follows me around, comes when he hears my voice. I just love him! But my life has gotten so complicated that I am trying to simplify. He would be the easiest one to keep for sure. But if you are a really devoted to tortoises and can do a better job taking care of him, then I would be very interested in having you adopt him.

Agent99

I work in Rowland Heights, so I definitely know Diamond Bar.

kazjimmy

baldwin park
Hi I live at baldwin park. My business is at city of industry. I have space for your large sulcata female. You can text me for more information. 626-384-8735. Jimmy

happyherper

Diamond Bar, CA
I work in Rowland Heights, so I definitely know Diamond Bar.
Agent99,

Is you desert tort in hibernation mode right now? If he's still active, I may have to pass right now. I did a little research and it appears I have a lot more toxic plants in my yard than I thought. It would take me a while to get his outdoor area in a suitable and safe condition. If he is still active you may be better off contacting the local chapter of the Turtle and Tortoise club. If he's hibernating I could take him and have plenty of time to upgrade his space. No hard feelings either way.

Tlu1000

Killeen Texas
Hello, is Herbie still available for adoption? We live in Fort Hood TEXAS. I have a passion for tortoise and always have. I have two daughters that heave somehow taken up that passion. We would love you adopt herbie. 254-415-2990

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello, is Herbie still available for adoption? We live in Fort Hood TEXAS. I have a passion for tortoise and always have. I have two daughters that heave somehow taken up that passion. We would love you adopt herbie. 254-415-2990
It is illegal to remove desert tortoises from their home state. Desert tortoises don't belong to the person taking care of them, they belong to the State.

Boxturtles02

Do your tortoises still need a home? I would love to take them all home with me. I live in northern california but am in helendale for the day. I know a lot about the care they need. i have 5 sulcatas, 4 Russians and a California desert tortoise. I don't know if I would be able to take your desert tortoise because I don't live in the Mojave but we can look in to it.

cosueloly

Novato, CA
I have loved having tortoises, but for various reasons, I need to find new homes for my four tortoises. Two are Russians - M and F. They do lay eggs and sometimes they hatch, though I've not been able to keep the babies alive. You can have all the lamps and terrariums for the torts and the babies.
I think one is a male mojave desert tortoise born in 1991. Though someone told me he wasn't Mojave. I also have a very large female Sulcata (huge), but I answered a thread by someone in Ojai who might like to adopt her. I am in Orange County, CA near Disneyland.
I am interested in the smaller ones. I can take one or two. LMK. I am in Novato, CA