Tortoises will be sold here or elsewhere

Whitehouse99

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
I figured it would be best for them to go to someone here that knew how to care for them rather then me selling them to someone on Craigslist that will toss the 4 of them in a 40 gallon tank. But I see my for sale post was not approved, you guys are not hurting me you are just prevent the tortoises from going to someone who will properly care for them

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry you are offended by our 100 post rule. We do that because we don't want our "Conversation" forum to turn into a Classified forum like Fauna and Kingsnake, etc. If we allow new members to sell right off the bat, chances are we will never see them on the Forum again once their animal is sold. And Keeping members here and active is the name of our game.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I figured it would be best for them to go to someone here that knew how to care for them rather then me selling them to someone on Craigslist that will toss the 4 of them in a 40 gallon tank. But I see my for sale post was not approved, you guys are not hurting me you are just prevent the tortoises from going to someone who will properly care for them
You've been here since April and this post is only your third. Join the conversation. Talk tortoises with us. Introduce yourself and tell us what torts you've got. Teach us what you know that we don't. Learn what we know that you don't.

If you are not the talkative type, how about pics of your tortoises and enclosures? Isn't there anything you are curious about? Maybe other species that aren't suited to your climate, but you like them? I like redfoots and Indotestudo, but they don't do well here, so I enjoy pics of them and learning about them from people who house and keep them elsewhere.

Whitehouse99

Illinois
I am not offended by the rules you guys have in place here, they are simple to follow. I just knew that there wasn’t going to be any better place for them than the care of an individual in this group. I apologize if I came off as ignorant It was not my intention. I would love to keep the torts but my family and I are unfortunately downsizing into a smaller carpeted apartment and I cannot take them with me. I have them housed in a custom built 6’x4’ enclosure with a chest side for them to hide, multiple half log hides, a huge terracotta water dish, a smaller plastic rock water dish, they have tree bark and small logs in there. They are kept warm with a 150w basking light, they’ve got a 25uvb T8 18” as well as a 100w CHE. I spray them as often as needed and feed them a variety of recommended foods all related to red foots. I truly do care for these torts I just cannot take them with when we go. 😢

zovick

10 Year Member!
I am not offended by the rules you guys have in place here, they are simple to follow. I just knew that there wasn’t going to be any better place for them than the care of an individual in this group. I apologize if I came off as ignorant It was not my intention. I would love to keep the torts but my family and I are unfortunately downsizing into a smaller carpeted apartment and I cannot take them with me. I have them housed in a custom built 6’x4’ enclosure with a chest side for them to hide, multiple half log hides, a huge terracotta water dish, a smaller plastic rock water dish, they have tree bark and small logs in there. They are kept warm with a 150w basking light, they’ve got a 25uvb T8 18” as well as a 100w CHE. I spray them as often as needed and feed them a variety of recommended foods all related to red foots. I truly do care for these torts I just cannot take them with when we go. 😢
You could try placing a classified ad on Fauna and/or Kingsnake.com to sell the tortoises. Either of them is probably more likely to produce a "good" buyer than Craigslist is. Fauna is free, KS costs a rally minimal amount for a 3 day ad. You may have to screen the respondents fairly well to be sure of their abilities and intentions for the animals, but you might get a decent keeper to respond to such an ad.

Reactions: Ink