Tortoises

mike rowlett

Okay this is the last message I will ever post here. I haven't been with the Tortoise Forum to long . I was wanting to adopt A Sulcata . I hear that people buy them and can't take care of them I sit here with open arms want to help and what do I get who is this guy is he a hoarder well you know what thanks but no thanks it made me mad to think that people to think that people would be so petty I have a good place to raise want was willing to take care of it for the rest of my life but thanks but no thanks please remove me from this forum. So you people who have too many tortoises could go why didn't somebody else i. So you people who have too many tortoises could go wind up somebody else's ear. Thanks but I think Mike if Texas

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Mike. You got the wrong impression. These are the most helpful and most wonderful tortoise people on the planet.
Most of us would never consider giving away a valuable tortoise and especially one that we care about to a very new member.
I have no doubt that you could be a great guy and a permanent tortoise keeper. We simply don't know you.
Most of us here don't take our responsibilities lightly.
Take time and be patient.
I'm pretty new myself.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm sorry you are having an issue Mike, but I don't think the majority of us have any idea what you are talking about, or why you are upset. If we knew more about what is going on we could possibly explain things to you, or if a mistake has been made, we could avoid this mistake in the future with someone else.

What I'm gathering from your text is that you've been talking to someone with a lot of tortoises and you are upset that they don't want to give you one? Please explain, because there must be more to it than that.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mike:

Welcome to the Forum!

I think you need to be patient. You have answered almost all the ads that were trying to place sulcatas, and that gives some of us the wrong impression about you. We need to get to know you, know more about you, before we entrust one of our beloved animals to you.

Take the time to talk to us on the threads so we can see that you truly do have good intentions. When you respond to as many of the ads as you have, it makes us wonder - does he realize that sulcatas fight? That he can't have more than one in the same yard?

So, please, take the time to talk to us and let us get to know you.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Well Mike your a 53 year old man with the patients of a teenager if it don't happen yesterday it's just not going to happen . Well these people are great and you say and do all that !
Why not do what we do best and that's help others to do better with their torts . And show others that you do have the patients to be a great tort keeper and it may happen but be nice ! Thank you for your patients with me .

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Well Mike your a 53 year old man with the patients of a teenager if it don't happen yesterday it's just not going to happen . Well these people are great and you say and do all that !
Why not do what we do best and that's help others to do better with their torts . And show others that you do have the patients to be a great tort keeper and it may happen but be nice ! Thank you for your patients with me .
His profile says age 61. Not that it matters. Patience is one quality that tortoise keepers must have.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I'm sorry that you feel like this, Mike.
i have read all of your messages here and some of the replies and advice you have been given seem very helpful and positive to me.
Ok a couple of people may not have replied to you, and I can't say why, but you do come across as a bit desperate, it seems to me.
As has been said, please return and chat with members, show people how nice and patient I'm sure you can be. Convince the owners that you'd make a great sulcata owner.
Patience is a virtue.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
H Mike I haven't been following your threads so not really sure what's happened but I'm sorry you haven't got your tortoise yet, However don't give up and please don't write the forum off either because when you do get one this is such a valuable source of information on all aspects of tortoise keeping it will certainly help you keep you tort happy and healthy. Good luck with your search.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
There is a tortoise out there that needs you just as much as you want him please be patient good things come to those who wait :tort:

mike rowlett

Thanks Pam. By the way that is my wife's name. I have given up for now I have other priorties that have come up