Torts and Reptile Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllCoExPat

5 Year Member
Hi everyone. I've been kicking around the idea of going to a reptile show advertised in Reading, PA on Saturday. Has anyone been to this show before? I've got my indoor inclosure set up and got the heat/humidity in line finally and would like to bring home a Russian in the near future. Any advice on purchasing from show vendors (or not) would be appreciated. It's about a 90 minute one way drive from me, so I guess I'm just curious if it's a worth while trip or if I'm going to get there and just see lots of pretty snakes and lizards... Thanks! :)

jfb2733

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Claymont, DE
I went their last year. Their was not many torts their. Mainly snakes and lizzards. Their were a few vendors with water turtles. However last year their was a snow storm and I was told a bunch of vendors backed out. I enjoyed myself their and came home with 2 Veiled Chameleons lol.

AllCoExPat

5 Year Member
jfb2733 said:
I went their last year. Their was not many torts their. Mainly snakes and lizzards. Their were a few vendors with water turtles. However last year their was a snow storm and I was told a bunch of vendors backed out. I enjoyed myself their and came home with 2 Veiled Chameleons lol.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably take a chance and drive up just out of curiosity. As long as the weather isn't bad it'll be a nice drive through pretty country.

Rambo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY SNAKES AND LIZARD, you won't even believe hahaha. After awhile it become redundant and you're left to wonder where all the freak-in tortoises are. There was only one tortoise vendor unfortunately, tortoise supply and a couple of other places that sold tortoises. But they all looked like they where in pretty bad condition. A lot of pyramiding. But overall it was a really interesting place to go to. A lot of exotic pets and cool supplies. I only wish there where more tortoises to see considering it was held in California. Maybe we should hold our own fair hosted by the forum :)

AllCoExPat

5 Year Member
Will said:
The big good show in PA is Hamburg or further north in NY at White Plains. No lack of tortoises at either. Will

Thanks, Will. I just checked out the shows site. Looks like an impressive list of vendors for the Hamburg show. I'll probably end up going to that one too if only to look around a bit.

argus333

5 Year Member
ya hamburg is way better next one is feb 23rd ill be there.

AllCoExPat

5 Year Member
Just got back from the show in Reading, PA and to my surprise several vendors were there with a nice tort selection. I almost brought home a great looking Hermann's but the price tag was way past what I wanted to spend this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.