Tortstork - 5 stars!

mimi&tristan

Location (City and/or State)
Palo Alto, CA
Hey everyone,
Just a note to say Randy of Tortstork has been everything you could wish for, he was responsive, informative, generous with his time and knowledge, caring in his packaging, efficient and timely with postage and super understanding at every step of the process, particularly for two first time buyers and tortoise owners like us.

It was a pleasure to be in touch throughout and we can't recommend Randy any more highly.

We are so happy to be in the care of our two healthy Eastern Hermanns, Toyota and Yogi..!

Here is a fedex receipt and email from Randy as proof of purchase... no payment for this glowing review..!

And a pic of our two little torts..!

Thanks again Randy and all the best,

Mimi & Tristan

zs28KLH.png

MKkexXb.jpg

Maria.B

california
I want to add: our experience with Randy - the founder of Tortstork, has been absolutely exceptional.

prior to purchasing our little tortoises randy sent us photos and updates of our progress. He sent us two tortoises that was just adorable and healthy and quickly became accustomed to their environment, they are absolutely thriving right now, which makes us so happy! He was prompt in his email responses. He gave us his telephone number for us to call him as we had quite a few Q being first-time tortoise owners.
Randy is extremely reliable and has provided so much support and advice.
I had read a lot of bad reviews of tortoise town and CB reptiles etc and was extremely anxious and I think I found Randy through reviews on this website. Therefore want to let you all know that I have been thoroughly impressed with Randy - I would strongly recommend him to anyone, and If ever want to buy another tortoise randy will be my first call.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome to TFO. Your torts are very cute

I recommend you read the TFO care guides and compare them with your setup.

They're written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and from pet stores and, sadly, from some breeders and vets too.

Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Baby Testudo Tortoise Care (written about Russians, but applies to Hermann’s)
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...or-other-herbivorous-tortoise-species.107734/

What Randy hasn’t told you is that they are solitary creatures that don’t need or want company. They are very territorial and simply see another tort is simply a rival for food and space. They do not do well as pairs.

Bullying, mental and/or physical, is common regardless of gender and especially where there is a size difference as you have.

These little guys need to be separated and kept in their own warm and humid closed chamber to thrive. The threads I linked to will guide you.

deboer

US
I received my eastern hermann today from Randy. I completely agree with Mimi&Tristan about purchasing from tortstork.com. After reviewing and researching info in this forum (thank you all!), I first contacted him in late April and requested comparison photos and detailed info about multiple species. He always replied very quickly and friendly, and his advice on tortoise care was really helpful. I waited my tort to ship out about a month (it was my request), however, the shipping arrangement was smooth and accurate. All in all I highly recommend tortstork.com and Randy's tortoises if you look for a reputable breeder.

the pics are my Benji :)P1040239.jpg P1040255.jpg

Last edited: