Toxic polyurethane on the base??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello

Hermy's tort table is almost done. We glued the laminate on the side and at the bottom with the aquarium sillicone on sunday, so on saturday is it goint to be ready. My boyfriend glued the table base with toxic 100 % polyurethane adhesive tonight (the tort table is going to go on it, hermy wont touch it) How much time do I have to wait before putting the tort table on the base?? Is it still ok on saturday? If it is not ok I will put the tort table on a temporary base.

Thanks

Isa

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello all

I have read my question again and I have to admit I did not explain prefectly what I was trying to say.

Hermy's house (4 sides made out of aspen+ 1 bottom made out of plywood) and the base of the table (my boyfriend made a piece of furniture to go under Hermy's house) are in 2 pieces. We used an aquarium sillicone for Hermy's house but to glued the base (the piece of furniure that goes under Hermy's house) we used toxic polyurethane.

I wanted to know how long I have to wait before putting Hermy's table on the piece of furniture. but yesterday, my boyfriend put Hermy's table on a temporary base (2 big pieces of wood) so I think I will wait 2 or 3 weeks before putting the real base under it that way I am going to be sure it wont be dangerous for Hermy (with the fumes and everything)

Hope I did explain myself better this time :D

Isa

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Isa said:
Hello all

I have read my question again and I have to admit I did not explain prefectly what I was trying to say.

Hermy's house (4 sides made out of aspen+ 1 bottom made out of plywood) and the base of the table (my boyfriend made a piece of furniture to go under Hermy's house) are in 2 pieces. We used an aquarium sillicone for Hermy's house but to glued the base (the piece of furniure that goes under Hermy's house) we used toxic polyurethane.

I wanted to know how long I have to wait before putting Hermy's table on the piece of furniture. but yesterday, my boyfriend put Hermy's table on a temporary base (2 big pieces of wood) so I think I will wait 2 or 3 weeks before putting the real base under it that way I am going to be sure it wont be dangerous for Hermy (with the fumes and everything)

Isa

24 hours is plenty of time Isa.. especially the silicone. Can you still smell the polyurethane? As long as it's dry [ not sticky ] and 'hard' [ water beads on it ] you're O.K. now.

nerd

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Redfoot NERD said:
Isa said:
Hello all

Isa

24 hours is plenty of time Isa.. especially the silicone. Can you still smell the polyurethane? As long as it's dry [ not sticky ] and 'hard' [ water beads on it ] you're O.K. now.

nerd

Thanks Terry :)

Perfect, I thought I had to wait much more longer than that.

Isa

Status
Not open for further replies.