TPlink Tapo Wifi Bulb safe for enclosure? CCTV inside okay?

labanog

Location (City and/or State)
ca
hi was thinking to put in a tapo wifi bulb in my red food enclosure, would this be okay? purpose is just to provide light in the dark enclosure?

1. have anyone tried using wifi bulbs in general? do they generate unesary heat in the enclosure? never tried this type of bulbs yet, so not to familiar. thank you

2. haven anyone tried putting a wifi cctv camera in a closed enclosure? are they safe and dont get shorted w the 80% humidity?

Attachments

• 3D67E122-B460-4698-928C-70A91403909F.jpeg
    3D67E122-B460-4698-928C-70A91403909F.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 83B0EBCA-40AF-4025-B53C-99D76364DBDC.jpeg
    83B0EBCA-40AF-4025-B53C-99D76364DBDC.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 2

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
There is no issue with the WiFi technology to be used in an enclosure with the bulb. However, with LEDs I feel it is important to get a good bulb with a good color balance. LED produce very specific wavelenghts, not a broad continuous curve of all the wavelengths. So a cheaper built bulb with produce a very unnatural light that I would not want over a tortoise. Look for a bulb that is in the 5000K-6000K color range with a CRI of 90+.

I have used cameras in my enclosures with 95% humidity with no problems for a few years now. IF mounted inside and at the same temperature as the inside of the enclosure, there should be no condesation in the camera. The issue could be if the camera is mounted to a cold side and the camera remains cooler than the enclosure ambient temp. at 90%+ humidity just a 2°-3° difference in temperature will cause condensation on the camera.

labanog

ca
There is no issue with the WiFi technology to be used in an enclosure with the bulb. However, with LEDs I feel it is important to get a good bulb with a good color balance. LED produce very specific wavelenghts, not a broad continuous curve of all the wavelengths. So a cheaper built bulb with produce a very unnatural light that I would not want over a tortoise. Look for a bulb that is in the 5000K-6000K color range with a CRI of 90+.

I have used cameras in my enclosures with 95% humidity with no problems for a few years now. IF mounted inside and at the same temperature as the inside of the enclosure, there should be no condesation in the camera. The issue could be if the camera is mounted to a cold side and the camera remains cooler than the enclosure ambient temp. at 90%+ humidity just a 2°-3° difference in temperature will cause condensation on the camera.
great, appreciate the info Mark, will try to look for some alternate lighting for my enclosure.

good to know for the CCTV, will test out the temp in and out of the enclosure before putting it in. Thank you again! cheers