tpye of substrate for winter house

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnysd

5 Year Member
hello again, this is sort of the second part of my question. i asked in an earlier thread about hay inside a sullie house with the CHE shining down on it. i wanted to know if it was a fire hazard. i got some conflicting answers so i became even more confused. so now i'm going to change the question.
what should i use as a substrate for my sullie's house. i have a CHE 12 inches from the ground up. what can i use thats relatively easy to clean and not a fire hazard

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Keep in mind that I do not keep sullies, however...I would imagine that some good ole dry dirt would work, put in the new dirt, sweep it on out when you need to replace?.....I also have seen in many images here on the forum folks having plywood as the flooring....

I would give a minute for some other opinions to give you more to choose from.....I am with you on the hay/fire hazard thing....I use to be a licensed personal lines insurance agent and the combo of heat/dry always kinda sent a chill up my spine :D

But again, that is the insurance agent side vs someone who keeps these guys....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.