Trade? Your Hermann's for my suspected female Northern blue tongue skink. Located in Northern California.

misskestrel

Location (City and/or State)
Hercules
I would love to trade one of my young suspect female (about three years old) Northern blue tongue skinks for a Hermann's tortoise. Located in the East Bay, Northern California. Can drive to meet up if our locations are far apart, but prefer to not travel more than about 100 miles because of the insane gas prices.

I have never had a tortoise, but have done my research, have a tortoise table set up, and am working on an outdoor pen--anticipating it being used starting next spring.

Fingers crossed there's someone out there who wants to do this with me. 🤞🤞

misskestrel

Location (City and/or State)
Hercules
Be sure to do your research on this forum. A hatchling needs a closed chamber not an open top table.
So much of the info out on the internet is old and outdated.
Thank you! I am trying to find out more info on converting a large plastic tub. I have plenty of 90-200qt tubs with lids, and heat fixtures and UVB fixtures, just need to figure out the best configuration to put the supplies together into the appropriate way. LOL. Long-winded way of saying, I'm heavily researching the DIY tub method. I am definitely aware of the babies having significantly higher humidity requirements, which an open top would not address.