Trading Goodies?

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Addis, LA
I have access to a very large amount of Rose Of Sharon seeds (Hibiscus Syriacus). I have numerous full grown trees on my property. My sulcatas love to eat both the flowers and the leaves. They are a very hardy plant that produces flowers every night from July-October and grow between 7-13 feet in height and can withstand even the coldest northeast winters. I would love to trade some for other plants I could grow for my sulcatas to eat.
I have 3 hibiscus in large above ground planters. Haven't yet fed any to Daisy. Almost scared because she is like a sugarcane harvester when she likes something. My flowers/plants are so pretty :( LOL Her favorite is Milk Thistle, it's a weed... hey, I'm good with that :)

Alicia Hoogstra

Shipping live plants is safe and easy....as long as it's not on a "no ship" list, like Hogs Weed here in MI. (Nasty weed) I've shipped plants all.over the USA. I simply place a wet paper towel around the rrots, followed my some.newspaper than a.plstic bag/baggy depending on the size of the plant and then us a rubber band to band the bag closed at the very base of the plant. Im part of a huge Gardening community where trading plants is a big part of that community.

Alicia Hoogstra

I have Hosta's daylillies, been balm, yucca spiderwart, sedum, and fern-leaf yarrow, all on the same list for Sully's and Leo's... possibly more species of tortoises.

jeneliza

burton michigan
Thanks, Amanda. I figured that stuff out a little bit ago. But now there's the problem of me not having a car.. :p
us mail
I understand, Tyanna. I've already had several snow storms this year. I like to grow a lot of vegetables too. My tortoise loves pumpkin and squash leaves. I bet you could easily trade those with people when the summer rolls around:) I've been experimenting more and more with indoor gardening, because I grow a lot of veg from seed. I'm about to start growing variety of grasses and edible flowers under my grow lights. I've also dug up dandelions and have them growing in pots:) We saved the pumpkin seeds from our Jack o lantern and will be growing mini free pumpkin seedlings to feed to my tort, because she likes the leaves so much. If I get a sizeable crop going, and plants are big enough at around the same time, I will totally hook you up Tyanna :D
[/QUOTEjust a tip, from along time gardener,in michigan, your pumpkins in doors, but make sure that the soil is at least 70, or the seeds wont germinte,

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
New members in southeastern Florida, I still have quite a bit of unneeded tortoise supplies for keeping a tortoise inside.
I am not giving anything away so that you will have a spare. I'm doing this for new keepers who have spent more than they had figured and are in need of something.
These are free. But "you pick it up" only.
Area code 33322.
PM me. I will not see your reply here.
Ed

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I've got lots of aquatic turtle/ fish tank equipment that I'm no longer using. Including filters, tanks, heaters, turtle docks, small hides, a small performed pond, etc. Any of it is free to anyone who can use it. I'm in the Atlanta metropolitan area. If your in this area and want to come look around send me a message.

Sa Ga

MN
Oh man i would love to get some spider plants! >.< Knowing that it comes from a tortoise owner and not full of pesticides is awesome! I love to buy some if possible... i can provide you with cactus also if needed ^_^
ME too! (I'd buy!) There's gotta be something online that will help u ship.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Anyone want to barter? I'd love a medium flat rate box of spineless cactus pads.

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
I've got some semi spineless.
They have far fewer spines.
You WILL get some stuck in your fingers. But I'd send you some for free.
I’m late to the party I know but if you still have cactus to share I’d be interested. I can never seem to have enough. I want to plant many more stands

EllyMae

Shellman, GA
I need some more opuntia. I have elephant ears and pothos to trade. I also have ginned uncleaned cotton lint if people need it for craft progects, etc.

(uncleaned as not been through a cleaner. might have leaf debris and immmature seeds)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I need some more opuntia. I have elephant ears and pothos to trade. I also have ginned uncleaned cotton lint if people need it for craft progects, etc.

(uncleaned as not been through a cleaner. might have leaf debris and immmature seeds)
Ellymae I can help you out. Send me a PM.