traveling and need some ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawless

5 Year Member
Hello I will be traveling from Texas to Ohio (21 HOURS) next month and need take my babies salcatas with me and iam looking for some ideas on keeping them warm on the car ride..thanks

Blessed3x

5 Year Member
It's still chilly in some areas early am's have you thought about something like a heating pad that can be plugged into the car?
Depending on what you plan them to travel in this looks like something that could work, just make sure they have an area to be away from it in case it gtes to warm and them.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZJOE2M/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

flawless

5 Year Member
wellington said:
It's summer time, shouldn't run into cold enough weather to worry about it.

Ok thank you...I was just worried about keeping the little guys warm in the car with the a.c. on since it's in the 90s here..I won't b stopping so over night temps won't b a problem..thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you have them in boxes with some substrate and a lid, then they should be fine. If you use the ac and let it get too cold, cover the boxes loosely to keep the colder air out but still lets air in.

Blessed3x

5 Year Member
Are they little babies? Wishing you a safe trip. 90 ey? Uggg I melt at 78 degrees and higher. lol
If you're going to have the AC on try a heating pad under their carrier but only like 1/3 under it and the other 2/3's
with no heating pad so they can chose how warm they want to be.

flawless

5 Year Member
Blessed3x said:
It's still chilly in some areas early am's have you thought about something like a heating pad that can be plugged into the car?
Depending on what you plan them to travel in this looks like something that could work, just make sure they have an area to be away from it in case it gtes to warm and them.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZJOE2M/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Thanks didn't think of something like this..just don't want the little guys to cold in the car since it's in the 90s here and will be traveling with the a.c. on..

wellington said:
If you have them in boxes with some substrate and a lid, then they should be fine. If you use the ac and let it get too cold, cover the boxes loosely to keep the colder air out but still lets air in.

Ok thank u

Blessed3x said:
Are they little babies? Wishing you a safe trip. 90 ey? Uggg I melt at 78 degrees and higher. lol
If you're going to have the AC on try a heating pad under their carrier but only like 1/3 under it and the other 2/3's
with no heating pad so they can chose how warm they want to be.

Yes they r little babies..thank u...after living here in Texas 90s r easy to deal with it's when we get months over 100 it's bad..lol..then when I get to Ohio and there 70/80 degrees we all freeze..lol. thanks again for the ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.