Traveling with my tortoise and turtle?

Jay1718

Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina, USA
It is still too soon to tell if we are gonna leave for the on coming hurricane. But if we decide to leave my baby sulcata and my red eared slider are coming as well. I'm not to worried about Bruno (adult res male) he is pretty tough and I am certain he will travel well.
My concern is the baby sulcata. Is there any precautions I should take. I planned on putting him in a small tool box with air holes for the car ride and try and keep him as warm as I could.
Any advice would be appreciated. Please understand that I have a lot on my plate. This is not something I'm looking forward to. I know traveling with them will stress them out but I'm kinda out of options.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
It's important to evacuate quickly in light of the damage these coming hurricanes may do. I wish you and your charges safe travels. Your baby sulfate will travel just fine if he believes that he's in his borough. Be sure that he has traction so that he doesn't slip around on smooth cardboard. Be sure that your slider has not only proper traction, but also enough water to keep properly damp. Once again, safe travels.

Last edited:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good luck! Id get a Rubbermaid type of container, put a good layer of substrate inside, get your Sully in there, and get out of town fast and safely. Not sure how large your Sully is...best of luck.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you can take a heat light or ceramic heat emitter with you, one for each. Then when you get where your going you can hopefully plug them in so they can heat up to correct temps.
I'm sure they will do fine until you get where your going.
Good luck, be safe and don't wait too long to get out.