Treat for Bo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

graciebea

5 Year Member
Thought I'd give my baby a little treat this evening! He loves it! ImageUploadedByTortForum1379535431.934751.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
A must of a change should be new substrate. That pellet stuff is the worse you could use. Replace it ASAP with plain dirt or coconut coir or cypress mulch.
Cute tort btw, loving his treat.

laney

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aberdeen, Scotland
Aww he's loving that!!
When I was back in the place I bought my tort I asked if they had anything new in and they really tried to pitch me pellets like these, they were telling me how great they are and that they soak up any wee or spills but I was lucky because I had already heard about them not being good. Top soil is cheaper and diggable :)
Still a beautiful pic though :) gotta love their tongues!

lfmonty

5 Year Member
When I bought my tort in June the pet shop sold me a viv, and pellets it was only after a few days I found out that they had soooo misinformed me ...would never trust that particular shop again ...also been told that they are the worst places to buy torts .........we live and learn I suppose ....

graciebea

5 Year Member
lfmonty said:
When I bought my tort in June the pet shop sold me a viv, and pellets it was only after a few days I found out that they had soooo misinformed me ...would never trust that particular shop again ...also been told that they are the worst places to buy torts .........we live and learn I suppose ....

Exactly the same happened to me! Trusted the shop to inform me correctly and they didn't! Oh well, now I know and have ordered alternative substrate now:)

Status
Not open for further replies.