Treating stressed Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGCinHB

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Got home from work today and found my 8" male leopard tortoise on his side, looks like he got beat up by my 11" sulcata female. Looks like he was rammed around for quite some time as his shell is scuffed up and some of his nails are ground down to nubs. I washed him up and he is moving slowly, won't eat and tucks into his shell the second he see's something moving by him. What can I do to ease his stress at this monment?

I know I am going to have to make a seperate enclosure for him now.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I would just give him some time in a quiet spot with no noises or things moving around him. Sorta a nice warm bed to snuggle in so he can rest, relax, and allow his body to settle down.

Glad it sounds like nothing super serious happened to him.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Odds are you don't have a female Sulcata. Female Sulcatas are very passive.

The scuffing on the shell could also be from the tortoise trying to right itself.

FGCinHB said:
Got home from work today and found my 8" male leopard tortoise on his side, looks like he got beat up by my 11" sulcata female. Looks like he was rammed around for quite some time as his shell is scuffed up and some of his nails are ground down to nubs. I washed him up and he is moving slowly, won't eat and tucks into his shell the second he see's something moving by him. What can I do to ease his stress at this monment?

I know I am going to have to make a seperate enclosure for him now.

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
manteca, Ca
put him in a non transparent rubbermaid or something he can not see out of and keep him warm

FGCinHB

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
-EJ said:
Odds are you don't have a female Sulcata. Female Sulcatas are very passive.

The scuffing on the shell could also be from the tortoise trying to right itself.

Male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.