Tress to plant Arizona sulcata

Hugo's Home

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chesnee, South Carolina
Ok looking for good shade or fruit TREES that are safe to eat. I did a search but only really finding bushes, flowers, weeds.. I already have a couple mulberry trees started from cuttings but I wanna go buy a couple bigger trees... or a link to a site that might have a list of edible trees other wise I might just plant mesquite trees and Palo Verdes.

Thanks for all your help!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Ok looking for good shade or fruit TREES that are safe to eat. I did a search but only really finding bushes, flowers, weeds.. I already have a couple mulberry trees started from cuttings but I wanna go buy a couple bigger trees... or a link to a site that might have a list of edible trees other wise I might just plant mesquite trees and Palo Verdes.

Thanks for all your help!
I have booth mesquite and Pali verses trees torts don't eat them not leaves or fruit

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
When I read your thread title, I was going to suggest mulberry trees, but it seems you've already discovered them.

Can't beat them for shade, and then they let in full sun in winter, and they are excellent food, and they can survive and thrive in your oven-hot dry climate, as long as you make a large basin and trickle water them early and often.