hiding
25f3lsp.jpg

tortoise butt!
24e3j10.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Trevor is very photogenic. I liked the one in his pool best. Trevor's not very shy about showing off his butt I see...:D Candy

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Not at all! Honestly, I think he thought he was hidden in that picture since the front of his body was under hay. He's always been very ackward with his size. It's cure to see him finally use the dish on him own.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
He is cute, I think I like the one where he's buried himself with his head peeking out :)

M

Maggie Cummings

He's adorable, I too like the getting out of bed picture...and I LOVE his water dish...that's a great dish. Kate, did you get it at a chain store?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
He spends over an hour some days deciding to get out of bed as I put it. His heat emitter is right over his typical burrow so I imagine he is basking a little. Tortoise yawns are adorable too.

Maggie-I got it at Petco and they also sell it online. Here's the info: http://www.flukerfarms.com/groovyjacuzzi.aspx

It's great for Trevor as he had difficulty with all the other dishes I tried. He never used them as I think they weren't easy. Now I see him in there or signs he was in there almost every day, which is great. He can manage the steps really well. Bad things about the dish are the size, as that is the largest one they carry so bigger torts won't be able to have one. It was also over $25! He's worth it though. Good for hatchlings. You could probably get a smaller one for them but I figured this might last him awhile, maybe even be ok for his adult size although by then I'll need a replacement. Very sturdy too.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kate, I loved Trevors photo shoot. Thanks for sharing them with us. What a little cutie face. I can't decide which pic I like best they are all so cute.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Great pictures, Kate. I love that water dish too. I love how he just sits there... I am going to look into getting one. Is that the x-large one?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Terry-yes the xl. He's about 2.3 in. long so you can get an idea of the size. Actually not too big. He surprises me how chill he is in water sometimes. He loves when I put the warm water in there and he's still in his habitat, not his "bath tub" which scares him a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.