Trip to the vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay, FL
I've said Eleanor has been acting different lately. She stayed out of her hide for a day and a half. This was after I truned of the CHE in her hide. Yesterday she had snot bubbles coming out of her nose! I know from reading on this site that this is not good. We have an appt at 2pm today. I'm nervous about this guy not knowing what he is doing and just taking my money. What are the normal treaments for URI?? What questions should I ask him?

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
URIs are very easy to treat with some injectable antibiotics. As long as it hasn't progressed to the lungs she should be cleared up within a week. He may want to do x-rays, or culture her nasal discharge, both I think are necessary. He will probably give her Baytril injectable. If he wants to give injectable antibiotics, ask him to show you how to do it and ask if you can do them at home.

-Matt

Destiny

5 Year Member
Palm Bay, FL
Thanks, I'm gonna write this stuff down so I'll remember. I don't think it's gotten to bad yet because yesterday is the first time I've seen nasal discharge. The past week or so she has been out every day so I've been interacting with her alot. I'll let you guys know what the vet says. Thanks again for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.