TRIP TO VET

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wales
A box with some substrate or newspaper or cloth in it. Just needs to be a little bigger than the tort.

torinator13

Utah (but originally NJ)
I used a small pet carrier meant for a cat when I took my Hermann's tortoise to the vet, I used hand towels to line the bottom.

Must have been a lot of excitement for Grog because as soon as we got back home and into the enclosure she dug herself a nice little hole to sleep in for the rest of the day and through to the next morning.

Good luck with the appointment!

sue white

5 Year Member
Central IL
When my RF,Finn, was little I used one of those small plastic see thru plastic containers that the sometimes sell for cricket or mice that has a handle. I would heat up a small sock of dried rice I made in the microwave,just barely warm and put inside on bottom than a small towel on top of that so she wouldn't get too warm. and then her.So she wouldn't freak out I put another small towel over the outside of it. that's how she traveled.It worked pretty good for the 40 minute ride to the vet and back.I actually used this to move her 150 miles when I moved a few years ago. She did great

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What is the reason for the vet visit?
Most vets don't have a clue about tortoises and can do more harm than good.
I had mine since 2011 and never took them to a vet except one female I thought was egg bound.
If there is no real reason don't. If you think there is a reason, post it on here or a new thread and we can tell you if s/he really need to see a vet.