Trooper update - vet scheduled for today! Medicine questions

Jenna kamenski

Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
Trooper now has an appt today at 4:30! Everyone please send good vibes to him!

Other then not letting the vet give the vitamin shots, anything else I should be weary about or concerned about?? I've never taken a tortoise to a vet before so I'm not really sure what to expect or be weary of...

I'm thinking it's possible he may have a respiratory infection, just about all of his symptoms point to that...I know no sickness is good for a baby tortoise, or any tortoise for that matter but I'm hoping whatever it is, its easy and he gets well soon...we have high hopes for trooper and ever since he got sick, he definitely has been a trooper :tort:

Now my question is, IF it is a respiratory infection, what is the best medicine to give him?

Regardless of what may be wrong with him, and I understand it might be difficult for anyone to answer this question but is there any medicine, [other than the vitamin shots of course] that I should turn down??

Please help and send good vibes our way!

This sweet baby needs to get better!IMG_2974.JPG

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Vlad and I will be thinking of little Trooper. I hope the vet visit goes well!

Sorry I'm too new to answer your other questions I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in

Jenna kamenski

South Carolina
Vlad and I will be thinking of little Trooper. I hope the vet visit goes well!

Sorry I'm too new to answer your other questions I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in
Thank you!! :) I'm hoping I get some info before the vet because I'm new to all this!

Jenna kamenski

South Carolina