Trying to eat but only opening mouth a tiny bit

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
There is a disease called tetanus or "lockjaw", and if she had any kind of wound or injury as well as the difficulty opening her mouth, I would really be worried.

Bee62

Germany
There is a disease called tetanus or "lockjaw", and if she had any kind of wound or injury as well as the difficulty opening her mouth, I would really be worried.
As far as I know is Tetanus only dangerous for mammals and humans. Cold blooded reptiles can`t get the Tetanus virus.

Bee62

Germany
Sorry i didnt reply, i think it actually has improved her behaviour a little. Shes still not great and i will need to see a vet but ive managed to get her to eat more than she has been.

I noticed something else. When i get up late pebble gets a bit annoyed at me and usually tries to bite me. I got up late yesterday and she bit me. Usually she ends up breaking my skin but she seemed really weak.
Please, please, please keep on treating her with higher temps. I am the opinion that will help her.

erinlyndon

Sorry, completely forgot to update you all.
I took her to the vet last Friday the guy said it was most likely constipation. He kept her in overnight gave her an x-ray, and it was constipation. They gave her
some medication and she seems to be getting better now[emoji28]

He said she looked healthy otherwise but i should probably get a supplement and change my bulb just to be sure.

Bee62

Germany
Sorry, completely forgot to update you all.
I took her to the vet last Friday the guy said it was most likely constipation. He kept her in overnight gave her an x-ray, and it was constipation. They gave her
some medication and she seems to be getting better now[emoji28]

He said she looked healthy otherwise but i should probably get a supplement and change my bulb just to be sure.
Interesting ! Thank you for the update. I never thought of constipation, so I have learned something new. It makes sense to me that a tort with constipation wants to eat but can not because he or she feels bad. I would not eat too with constipation. Poor tort.
Much luck for a speedy recovery for your tort.:)

erinlyndon

Interesting ! Thank you for the update. I never thought of constipation, so I have learned something new. It makes sense to me that a tort with constipation wants to eat but can not because he or she feels bad. I would not eat too with constipation. Poor tort.
Much luck for a speedy recovery for your tort.:)
Thank you [emoji4]

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Really, constipation? Hmmmm. I am not in agreement but I am not an expert.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Really, constipation? Hmmmm. I am not in agreement but I am not an expert.
I was kinda surprised by this diagnosis also. I would expect a constipated tort to not even try to eat. But like you stated- I am not an expert.

Definitely keep us updated on your torts recovery please.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Right. I did not like the not able to open his mouth thing.