Trying to find a new home

garysgirl4

5 Year Member
We have a Russian tortoise. My son got him two years ago. He moved out of state and did not take him. We don't have the extra time to take care of him and are looking for a new home for him. He will come with his enclosure, food bowl, water bowl, and heat lamps. We live in Abilene Texas.

Jovanni

5 Year Member
Would love to adopt this animal! I'm very experienced with RTs and just have a few questions for you so pm me of interested

Jim in Merced CA

5 Year Member
I'm curious that several threads have been created by people about how desperate they are to adopt out a tortoise -- or help with fostering or whatever -- and then there's frequently no follow up.

Those who are requesting speedy responses, please take a moment to let us know the outcome.

kaz311

5 Year Member
I messaged and received a pm from this user stating doesnt know how to ship I responded but never got a return response but this was a while back

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This is one of the reasons that we don't allow new members to use the classified section until they've been members for 30 days or have made 30 posts.

Brand new members sometimes forget what boards they've placed their ads on, so the ad gets placed and then they never come back and answer queries.

We sometimes will allow a new member to post an ad if it sounds as if there's a time limit or an emergency.

The best way to talk to the OP about an ad that has been placed is to try contacting them through email, not on the thread and not through a pm.

kaz311

5 Year Member
I agree people just join to rid their animals and never comeback its a shame cuz its a good community and I appreciate the help qnd info I get here