Trying to heat a wood humid hide.

Henry’s mom

Location (City and/or State)
Tampa FL
It's controlled by a custom built thermostat and relay, that can't be remotely controlled and alarms to the phone. I posted some pics of it here.
Hi! I believe I’m having the same issues you were or similar situation. I believe I have the same tort table and I’m thinking of getting plexiglass cut for the lid too (for heat and humidity). How did you attach it to your lid?

Also I haven’t been using the hide side yet with my baby thinking I’d give him a little one and later on give him a bigger house. Haha. But I can’t get my humidity right and am trying to find out if I can use that side for the humid hide even though it’s wood. Then I need it warm too. Did the RHP work for you and was it hard to setup?

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Hi! I believe I’m having the same issues you were or similar situation. I believe I have the same tort table and I’m thinking of getting plexiglass cut for the lid too (for heat and humidity). How did you attach it to your lid?

Also I haven’t been using the hide side yet with my baby thinking I’d give him a little one and later on give him a bigger house. Haha. But I can’t get my humidity right and am trying to find out if I can use that side for the humid hide even though it’s wood. Then I need it warm too. Did the RHP work for you and was it hard to setup?
I retired them until I can put them outside.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Do you mean you retired the tables? If so was it because it just wasn’t working successfully no matter what you tried? Lastly what are you using now?
Thank you for your thoughts.
I put the tables away, just used some more traditional closed chambers.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Thank you. Could you not get the tables to work the way needed?
Do you build your own closed chambers or can they be purchased somewhere?

I had more unexpected animals, so i needed more space anyhow, and didnt want to put more time into it. So I just got new setups.

I bought front open 4ft vivariums and cut plexiglass to replace the top.