Tub full of 2016 Sri Lankans

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Need my address to ship me a few? Love them!

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
LOL, sorry, All gone but I have 18 eggs already and many more to come, The girls are very heavy this season!!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
LOL, sorry, All gone but I have 18 eggs already and many more to come, The girls are very heavy this season!!
I will have to keep an eye out for them. Can't get enough of the info you post about them and Sri Lanka. Wife isn't really into torts but she even likes these.

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
image.jpg image.jpg
Just when you think you have seen it all,!! you come across this wild hatchling in 2015 NW coastal dry zone Sri Lanka. By far the most impressive Elegans hatchling in my opinion. NATURE AT ITS BEST!!! cmac3 what does your wife think of this one?? NO I DID NOT throw it in my Luggage!!! LoL !! it is still roaming the wilds of Sri Lanka.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
She's loves it, then she told me I could sell my other torts and get one. Lol

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Gus , I think Andrew at AZ Tortoise Compound still has a couple ,

zovick

10 Year Member!
Nice work, Kingsley! They are extremely beautiful babies.

Bill

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thank you all!! This is a huge learning experience !! You wouldnt believe the mistakes Ive made over the past 36+ years!! Just keep chipping away at it and hopefully one day we all will be as good as Bill Zovickian!!!! LOL!!!

Ggk

China
View attachment 198945
some of the Sri Lankans I produced in 2016 , Three different blood lines,

Wonderful!! I also have two female Sri Lanka tortoise which is 23 CM and 21 CM in plastron,I am still looking for a male to reproduce.But I noticed even though their are both female they were still trying to mate many times,it’s that normal ?? And I also noticed that Sri Lanka tortoise are very sensitive to temperature, when the weather become cooler it will easily running nose.IMG_9376.jpgIMG_8721.jpgIMG_6535.jpg

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Wonderful!! I also have two female Sri Lanka tortoise which is 23 CM and 21 CM in plastron,I am still looking for a male to reproduce.But I noticed even though their are both female they were still trying to mate many times,it’s that normal ?? And I also noticed that Sri Lanka tortoise are very sensitive to temperature, when the weather become cooler it will easily running nose.View attachment 264666View attachment 264668View attachment 264669
If you are housing all these together, you are looking for a disaster. Different species should never be housed together. They can transmit diseases to the other species that my kill it. They have different enclosure requirements and different food needs. And, the twofemails you think are trying to mate with each other, well, that is a sign of aggression.