Tuleo's Raised Bed Enclosure (Pic heavy)

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
That enclosure is beyond, fantastic!! You and your hubby deserve an award!!
The picture of your tortoise telling cracked me up.
Very nice :)

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
That enclosure is beyond, fantastic!! You and your hubby deserve an award!!
The picture of your tortoise telling cracked me up.
Very nice :)

Thank you!! It was a lot of hard work but very worth it (And that photo also cracks me up....LOL) :p

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
UPDATE: Well, I have been down the last few weeks due to emergency Gallbladder removal so not much has been done in Tuleo's Oasis lately. Not to mention intense storms, etc. No summer plants have been replaced yet and it's not set up for Fall/Winter just yet. (So it looks a bit puny.) I must say that even though this is not an ideal set up, it's working really well for us. He seems to love it and it's pretty sweet to see him basking in the sun, looking around at his domain. (For size reference, Tuleo is now 27 months old. 10" long and 5.5lbs. Photos taken today.) We put the house on the market in 5 months! I cannot wait, I'm dreaming of LAND!!

We will be covering the frame in plastic (greenhouse effect) in a few weeks to extend his time outside (he still comes in at dusk.) Sunshade went over the frame during the brutal heat of summer. I also made a sunshade skirt and we were able to keep inside temps around 84 when it was 115 out. I do like how the metal makes these cooler days a bit warmer now, now that the sunshade has been removed. The growing table is nice to cut from when he has bulldozed the majority of his plantings into submission...
oasis.jpg

Tuleo's view:
oasis1.jpg

About to head to his favorite hang out spot under the Mexican Heather. His XL terra cotta saucer goes here but I was washing it.
oasis3.jpg

You can kinda see his burrow under the Mexican Heather at the corner. It's more like a foxhole he likes to hang out in...
oasis2.jpg

His hide. He prefers to mosey OVER it then sleep IN it...
oasis4.jpg

The weed corner (or at least it was...)
oasis5.jpg