Tunisian Spur Thigh

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Im not sure if this is the right part of the forum, Im sorry if its not! When my Sulcatas get to the age they have to be outside, Id like to look into getting a Tunisian Spur Thigh. Obviously it wont be for a few years but until then Id like to read up on their care and needs so when I make the step Im fully prepared. I was given all the wrong info when I got my sulcatas and ended up spending $800+ in one go to make sure they had everything they needed to thrive (my bank account is still crying haha). Id like to habe everything needed and an enclosure set up /before/ bringing one home. Id have a few years to do so with waiting! Any good care sheets that have all of their needs and information on them? What price range am I looking at? The little info I have read on them Ive heard theyre hard to come by. So I was wondering also if I should also look into other species of tort in case the Tunisian doesnt happen, though I really have my heart set on one of those haha. Id like something that stays on the smaller side that I can house indoors, with the right enclosure size, of course. Thanks!!

Pennsylvania
I recommend checking out www.hermannihaven.com, and contact Chris Leone with any questions you have. He's posted a lot of in-depth and helpful information on his website. He knows his Greeks!
Thats actually where I first saw a picture of one! I wasnt sure if the Tunisian Greek info applied to the Tunisian Spur Thigh also and didnt want to bother him with it since I wouldnt be getting one for a few years haha. Thank you!

Pealow127

Catskills NY
Thats actually where I first saw a picture of one! I wasnt sure if the Tunisian Greek info applied to the Tunisian Spur Thigh also and didnt want to bother him with it since I wouldnt be getting one for a few years haha. Thank you!
I have a Tunisian hatchling that I got from Chris. Awesome little guy!

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I have a Tunisian hatchling that I got from Chris. Awesome little guy!
Do you have pictures? I'm acquiring Greek subspecies to breed and Tunisians are on my wish list! Not easy to find pictures of them. I'll be getting mine from Chris too, when I'm ready.

Pealow127

Catskills NY
Do you have pictures? I'm acquiring Greek subspecies to breed and Tunisians are on my wish list! Not easy to find pictures of them. I'll be getting mine from Chris too, when I'm ready.

Attachments

• 0E572269-9777-4C9D-9532-923C017623DD.jpeg
    0E572269-9777-4C9D-9532-923C017623DD.jpeg
    706.3 KB · Views: 34