Turbo Then and Now. He can't fit up his ramp!!

erdavis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gainesville, Fl (Go Gators!)
Hey guys!
I sure do love looking at other peoples then and now pics, and I love looking at my own even more! I first made this in April of 2012. Not sure if I ever showed y'all. It has a ramp with slots in it so his feet doesn't slip. Gets some exercise going up and down it. And the corners aren't 90 degrees at the top where he hangs out so that he doesn't tip himself over. He would sun bathe up there and I'd put some food up there sometimes so that he would have to exercise to get up there. Then he can hide from the sun/rain underneath.
Today I put food up there and when I got home from school he didn't eat. I went outside to make sure he was alright and I realized the problem. He doesn't fit up the ramp!!! I knew when I made it that I would have to replace it one day, but I have never thought about it since.

turboo.jpg

The first was taken April 12, 2012.
The second is him today.

He sure did seem to grow extremely slowly when I first got him, but now he is just growing and growing lately. Don't know if its a growth spurt or if he will be growing this fast now. As long as he's healthy, I'm happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW! ! !

Great before and after photo. Thank you for sharing.

My little Sulcata grow very also in the first few months, then BOOM............I will love to see another picture a year from now.

Angler

5 Year Member
Jacksonville, Florida
erdavis said:
Hey guys!
I sure do love looking at other peoples then and now pics, and I love looking at my own even more! I first made this in April of 2012. Not sure if I ever showed y'all. It has a ramp with slots in it so his feet doesn't slip. Gets some exercise going up and down it. And the corners aren't 90 degrees at the top where he hangs out so that he doesn't tip himself over. He would sun bathe up there and I'd put some food up there sometimes so that he would have to exercise to get up there. Then he can hide from the sun/rain underneath.
Today I put food up there and when I got home from school he didn't eat. I went outside to make sure he was alright and I realized the problem. He doesn't fit up the ramp!!! I knew when I made it that I would have to replace it one day, but I have never thought about it since.

The first was taken April 12, 2012.
The second is him today.

He sure did seem to grow extremely slowly when I first got him, but now he is just growing and growing lately. Don't know if its a growth spurt or if he will be growing this fast now. As long as he's healthy, I'm happy :)

That Is Awesome before & after pictures. Mine is gaining about a pound a month in the summer time.