Turtle/fish pond filter review from AQUASCAPE

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
AQUASCAPE 3500 with UVB sterilizer

I recently installed this pond filter on one of my Koi ponds. It is about 1,500 gallons and this filter is rated at 3,500 gallons.
This filter replaced a SMART POND CF2000 with UVB. (A horrible product.)
It seem like a high quality filter and I'm excited at the prospect of being able to clean/flush out the filter without needing to take it apart. A feature that never worked on the SMARTPOND.
This is a PRESSURIZED filter. I need it because this system feeds a waterfall. Otherwise, I'd just make my own filter.
I'll update this post in a few months after it's been running for a while. But so far, so good.
I'm curious to see how my water quality looks in a month. This should be able to handle a half dozen Koi or a turtle or two

Attachments

• 20220103_122816.jpg
    20220103_122816.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Norwich CT
AQUASCAPE 3500 with UVB sterilizer

I recently installed this pond filter on one of my Koi ponds. It is about 1,500 gallons and this filter is rated at 3,500 gallons.
This filter replaced a SMART POND CF2000 with UVB. (A horrible product.)
It seem like a high quality filter and I'm excited at the prospect of being able to clean/flush out the filter without needing to take it apart.
This is a PRESSURIZED filter. I need it because this system feeds a waterfall. Otherwise, I'd just make my own filter.
I'll update this post in a few months after it's been running for a while. But so far, so good.
I'm curious to see how my water quality looks in a month. This should be able to handle a half dozen Koi or a turtle or two
Here in Connecticut currently my water garden has a floating heater to keep the surface from freezing (It's 27F here). The poor fish are huddled around it!