Turtle garden, last pictures of the Summer

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
The nights are cool now, in the low 60's so the turtles aren't eating as much. Tomorrow I'll go find some leaf litter in the wood to set up the hibernation cave. The only flowers that haven't bloomed are the mums...probably next week so I'll take more pictures then.

This is the only frog that made it from an egg. Getting a free ride on Milton.IMG_4663.jpg

20150917_115033 (2).jpeg 20150918_110742-1.jpeg 20150918_112522-1.jpeg 20150918_111529-1.jpeg 20150906_110151-1.jpeg 20150918_112600.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Such great pictures. But so sad, the last of summer. I like the cooler temps for my body, I sweat easily, but I really love the hot temps for me and my torts. If that made any sense.
Beautiful Boxies. Sad you and we have to wait until next year.
Btw, am I seeing what I think I'm seeing, a leopard frog? I haven't seen one up in Michigan for years. I used to catch them all the time when I was a kid. They really haven't made it back there yet since the DDT was finally stopped. What a big screw up that stuff was.
If it is a leopard, please take good care of him, hopefully more to come.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
There was one in the pond Barb and it laid some eggs, but the turtles ate all the eggs. Only one made it. Hopefully he'll hibernate in there, as there's some mud on the bottom. We have a lot of local ponds around here so she must have come from one of them. I live right near the woods with a pond.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I so hope so. Would be nice if you could help save of the eggs if there are some next year from the turtles. I don't know if anyone has done a study or count of them, the leopard frogs, I just know I miss seeing them up in Michigan. But maybe it's just a problem in Michigan. I don't know. I just know there used to be loads of them and now, who knows.
I always love seeing your pictures. Such natural settings. You really should post more pics. I know you've been busy. Just miss you and your great pics.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I so miss you when you don't post. Lovely pictures. Lovely turtle garden. Just lovely!

Berkeley

Nice set up you've got there, terryo. The frog is a green frog, Rana (Lithobates) clamitans, not a leopard though.
(Leopards have very bold spotted patterns, and have a rather pointy nose.)
--Berkeley