Turtle Hospital

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I can not remember which one member Kerryann just visited.

Are you planning a visit?

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I can not remember which one member Kerryann just visited.

Are you planning a visit?
Yes I plan on going in September. I've been wanting to go for quite a while now. I was curious what others had to say about it. I know a reservation is a must.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
No, but I've been to the Gumbo Limbo Turtle Sanctuary in (or near?) Ft. Lauderdale. They have a treatment center there for injured and sick sea turtles. They seem to do a great job and release any that are rehabilitated sufficiently to stand a reasonable chance.
Awesome!!! I know that this is basically the same thing. I love sea turtles and to see them up close is amazing!!! When I went snorkeling in Hawaii and saw the most beautiful sea creatures ever...I almost started to cry lol...it was such an amazing experience. Also swimming in the ocean and to just see a sea turtle swimming is total tranquility!!!!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yes. The whole area is cool. There are rescues and exhibits and sanctuaries and parks everywhere you look.
My wife and I go all the way down to Key West at least once a year and rarely ever see the same things twice.
Food and gas is very expensive once you cross the bridge. Bring bottled water.
The Canadians and Northerers are starting to go home now, so travel will be better/easier in the area....No offense to my YANKEE friends.:)

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Yes. The whole area is cool. There are rescues and exhibits and sanctuaries and parks everywhere you look.
My wife and I go all the way down to Key West at least once a year and rarely ever see the same things twice.
Food and gas is very expensive once you cross the bridge. Bring bottled water.
The Canadians and Northerers are starting to go home now, so travel will be better/easier in the area....No offense to my YANKEE friends.:)
My husband and I plan on going to the keys in September. I heard it's crowded, but a great place to visit!! But I can't wait to visit the turtle hospital!!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I've been :) it's a very cool place.
They do amazing work. They have a tour of the hospital and the rehab facility at least 3 or 4 times a day.
I make monthly contributions to them.
We plan on going back down there this summer

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I've been :) it's a very cool place.
They do amazing work. They have a tour of the hospital and the rehab facility at least 3 or 4 times a day.
I make monthly contributions to them.
We plan on going back down there this summer
Awesome!!!! Thanks...I'm really looking forward to going!!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
GUESS WHO'S GOING TO THE TURTLE HOSPITAL SOON??? YUP....I AM:D:p:)!!!! I think I'm more excited to go there than the actual vacation in the keys itself!!!! I'm so excited because I've been wanting to go for some time now...and it's finally happening! Ok...now I need sitters for my torts:rolleyes::oops:!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
GUESS WHO'S GOING TO THE TURTLE HOSPITAL SOON??? YUP....I AM:D:p:)!!!! I think I'm more excited to go there than the actual vacation in the keys itself!!!! I'm so excited because I've been wanting to go for some time now...and it's finally happening! Ok...now I need sitters for my torts:rolleyes::oops:!
WOO HOO!!! :p :p :p

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm excited for you. Look in some scrub areas and you might just see a Gopher tort, too.