Turtle Table Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtortoise

5 Year Member
I was wondering if any one had a plan the would be willing to share for a tortoise table. I would be using it for Greeks or Russians.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Have you used the search option here on the forum.....there are tons of enclosures posted in great detail for easy following...maybe type in tortoise enclosure?

Good luck in your search...:p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The easiest way to build a tortoise table is to simply use an old bookcase, none of that new premade ikea stuff, older is better, better built.

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
What ascott said was a great idea! I have seen so many great enclosures on this forum! Perhaps finding someone here with one that you like the design of - would be a good start? Then ask them if the would like to share the plan? I've shared the plan on mine here when someone asked.

Hope that's helpful. :) Oh, and welcome!!

Here's what mine looks like - if you like it, feel free to borrow from it... but please share pictures! We all seem to love pictures on this forum.
:D

Here's Sheldon's table.... minus the traction on his ramp - that just went in tonight - and I've not snapped any pictures just yet. It's a work in progress - there's still a few things I want to add to it - but the basic idea is there.
Sheldonsetup.jpg

What dmmj said is great advice, too! I've seen some awesome book case tables... :D

slowpoke

5 Year Member
colorado springs, colorado
this is my L shaped one i made , the only thing i changed from the blue print was the lighting placement , but works great for my 2 russians

Hey Honey , on yours does that upper section come off to do cleaning in that hide spot under it ? i was thinking of doing the upper level like that but my russians love to dig in and if i had to get them out of there with the way mine is made it would be a pain in the butt lol...

newtortoise

5 Year Member
Slowpoke............ I LOVE YOU!!!!! Amazing idea. Mind if i use it? my room is all ready kinda packed :) and the way it fits into the corner is awesome. I will be using it for a Greek. Thanks!

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
@ slowpoke - You had asked if upper section came off for cleaning of the hide spot on the second level... I think. ;)

I'll try to explain - there are a few hides in Sheldon's enclosure. The second level wooden box hide has a removable top that the Buddha statue and a glass jar of Sheldon's chopped grass and hay sit on. The underside of the second level gives Sheldon a nice amount of privacy since his table is in our living room, and there's tons more dirt in the back for him to burrow around in, too. I put his giant 'rock' hide below the second level, too - since he was used to it and likes to use it (that's also his humid hide).

Hope that helps!! :D

@ newtortoise - Post pictures for us all once you get it built? I love the L shaped tables like slowpoke has, too!

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Well this was mine before everything in it...very..very basic...of course it looks nothing like that anymore as i knowcked the hide out and added a ton of stuff.. :)
IMG20111223_001.jpg

IMG20111223_002.jpg

TT1.jpg

TT.jpg

The glass sliding door my dad built...........

Status
Not open for further replies.