Turtlerama in Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
Turtlerama, yesterday in Sacramento. A free, informational event for the public. I didn't know about this until my nephew asked me to take him. We saw a lot of Russians and Box Turtles. There were a few wading pools with sliders and maps. A few Desert torts were on display. A Sulcata also had free reign to roam about the event.

First pic: Baby Spotteds

Second pic: Desert Tort

Third pic: Greek parents, two year olds, and three month olds

Fourth pic: Leopard pair

Fifth pic: The roaming Sulcata

Attachments

• Turtlerama Baby Spotteds.jpg
    Turtlerama Baby Spotteds.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Turtlerama Desert Tort.jpg
    Turtlerama Desert Tort.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 34
  • Turtlerama Greeks.jpg
    Turtlerama Greeks.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Turtlerama Leopards.jpg
    Turtlerama Leopards.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Turtlerama Sulcata.jpg
    Turtlerama Sulcata.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 42

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Wes:

Thanks for posting those pictures for us to see. Did you and your nephew have a good time? Buy anything?

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
You know, I read about it and then totally forgot. We went to the state fair yesterday and they had by the wine tasting area an exotic animal exhibit. There was a Sulcata there, but the shell looked like it either had an injury or shell rot on the top. The shell itself was very smooth and had signs of wear- maybe from burrowing. It was evening when we saw it so it was nigh-night time for it.

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
emysemys said:
Hi Wes:

Thanks for posting those pictures for us to see. Did you and your nephew have a good time? Buy anything?

We had a good time. My nephew wants a sulcata now though. The backyard where he lives is much too small though. Of all things, we ended up leaving with a bearded dragon egg, they were being given away. Its in an incubator at his mother's house. His mother is in for a big surprise in two months. He already has the tank set up in his room.

@Silverstar --This was at the Belle Coolidge Library in the Land Park area, right across the street from the dog park.

@Jen -- I think that's the same sulcata that was on display at the fair last year. I do remember it having shell rot or some type of wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.