1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

TurtleStuff.com (AKA TurtleCafe.com) Customer Reviews

Discussion in 'Tortoise Vendor Reviews' started by SweetPete7, Sep 24, 2010.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetPete7

SweetPete7 New Member 5 Year Member

Location (City and/or State):
    South Dakota
    First things first, here is my proof of purchase:

SO, having placed the order on August 20th, and not actually RECIEVING my order until 3 days shy of a month, I'm sure you can understand the frustration. What made this particularly unsettling is that Turtlestuff.com would not respond to the several emails I sent inquiring about my order. If ANYTHING, I would recieve an automated reply- such as the following:

I recieved THAT automated reply directly after ordering, and so I figured that shipping may be a bit delayed, but had NO idea that it would take a month to arrive, OR that there would be no means of communication between buyer/seller. I waited patiently for two weeks, then became concerned and began to send e-mail after e-mail asking for a simple explaination or approximate date of delivery. Shortly before my order finally arrived, I recieved an email (at last!) stating they had been having troubles with their email server, which is why they failed to reply to my emails. This however, would have no effect on shipping, correct?
    My order arrived, however they did not offer a discount on the order or even a coupon for a discount on FUTURE orders- to compensate for the delayed shipping or lack of communication.
    I will not order from this site again. Just thought I'd share my experience.
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Clovis, CA
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    RE: TurtleStuff.com Customer Review AKA TurtleCafe.com

Note: Address info deleted by mod for forum member's safety.
  3. kimber_lee_314

kimber_lee_314 Well-Known Member 10 Year Member!

So Cal
    Turtlestuff.com

On November 19th I ordered some seeds from both Carolina Pet Supply and TurtleStuff. The Carolina seeds came about three days later, have been planted and are sprouting and growing.

The TurtleStuff didn't come, didn't come, didn't come... Finally on December 30 I received an email saying it had been shipped. I waited - wanting to get the seeds into the ground asap - but it still didn't come. Last week I sent an email saying I hadn't received the order. I got an automated reply back saying orders hadn't been shipped because some seeds were taking longer to dry than anticipated. I emailed her back asking to cancel my order - no reply. I sent another email asking for a confirmation of my cancellation - no reply.

I called Pay Pal, but because my transaction was over 45 days, they would not do anything about it. Now I'm waiting for my credit card company to dispute the charges - which by the way - were charged to my account the same day as the order!

My encounters with this company have not been good. This is the second time I have had to contact them several times in an attempt to get my order. Needless to say, I won't be ordering from there again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.