TVs The Curse Of Oak Island...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Is anyone else fascinated by the OAK ISLAND treasure mystery and watch the show?
It's been several seasons now. I've been watching every episode. Every week. And of the endless hours I've spent watching, there has only been an hour or two of anything interesting in total.
It is really getting annoying. Like maybe it should've been released as a one hour episode AFTER the Legina brothers find whatever they find and leave either rich or broke.
I've begun recording them so that I can fast forward through all of the crap. Yet I still can't stop watching it.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Is anyone else fascinated by the OAK ISLAND treasure mystery and watch the show?

Yes, I watch it, but almost never see the episodes in order. In fact, I'm quite certain I have missed significant portions, but still am able to pick up and know what's going on. So there is a LOT of repetition.

Yet, as you said, there is something about it that draws me in. I think it's how they have sent items to experts who either validate the find or say no to its value as related to their quest. I am also fascinated about the complexity of the structure itself, and the Money Pit.

In light of recent news about it, I wish the producers would hurry up and show the finding of the treasure they uncovered. They've dragged it out long enough now.

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
I think it’s been on for five years. You’d think they could have turned the whole island inside out by now. I wish they would show a running total of how much they’ve spent on searching as a bottom runner during the show. Do you think they found anything that was not reported to the Canadian government? Buttons and Bobbie dazzlers don’t cut it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's been several seasons now. I've been watching every episode. Every week. And of the endless hours I've spent watching, there has only been an hour or two of anything interesting in total.
It is really getting annoying. Like maybe it should've been released as a one hour episode AFTER the Legina brothers find whatever they find and leave either rich or broke.
I've begun recording them so that I can fast forward through all of the crap. Yet I still can't stop watching it.
Lol, do we need to do an intervention? Just lose the remote when it's on then you wont be able to switch over too it. Break the cycle, you can do it lol
I find most programming now days is a waste of our time. 15 minutes of programming and the rest commercials. I do have my faves though and have too watch them.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lol, do we need to do an intervention? Just lose the remote when it's on then you wont be able to switch over too it. Break the cycle, you can do it lol
I find most programming now days is a waste of our time. 15 minutes of programming and the rest commercials. I do have my faves though and have too watch them.
That's why I record it and then watch it on demand and fast forward about 75% of the episode.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
So...
It's still moving at a horribly slow pace, but this season there ARE actually significant findings that are actually intetesting.
Still no gold, etc. But interesting ancient, man made subterranean structures.
It's gotten intetesting.
However. Since this was filmed months ago, we know that they still haven't found anything fantastic, because it would've been on the world news media almost right away.
We already know that this years season ending episode will leave us again swearing that we WILL NOT waste one more hour of our lives watching this crap.
But then there's that lingering possibility.

At least when this is finally over, we'll know if anything is there or ever was.
Like that show FINDING BIGFOOT. They were always hot on Bigfoots trail. Only to more or less prove that it doesn't exist.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I do watch this show and have not missed one. I do however, record it. I also agreed that it is probably the most repetitive show I've seen as far as repeating old footage to fill in space and drag out an episode. I am totally intrigued with the elaborate nature of everything they are finding and the probable changes it spells to so much history as we know it.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I do watch this show and have not missed one. I do however, record it. I also agreed that it is probably the most repetitive show I've seen as far as repeating old footage to fill in space and drag out an episode. I am totally intrigued with the elaborate nature of everything they are finding and the probable changes it spells to so much history as we know it.
Yes.
And I think that this season has been the most significant so far.
But In the end, I'll bet it could have still been probably a single 2 hour special.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I lost interest. It seemed to me it was going to be like the series of people trying to find bigfoot. Maybe I should start watching again.